cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am looking for a detailed course offered by any institution or university to help my team Learn basics and advanced skills working with STM32 microcontrollers, programming to hardware.

PWeju.1
Associate II

I want to be able to implement different projects same way as implemented from Atmega328 of Arduino. So i want to move from Arduino to STM32 for better performance and technology.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MHank.1
Associate III

DigiKey offers a series of videos on the STM32.

DigiKey videos

PartsBin - An Electronic Parts Organizer for Windows

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @PWeju.1​, to the community!

There are many documents for beginners, e.g. a Getting started with STM32: STM32 step-by-step on our website or in the STMicroelectronics YouTube channel, e.g.

There is a whole lot more, just search e.g.

Does it help?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Javier1
Principal

The curve is steep but Udemy courses https://www.udemy.com/course/mastering-microcontroller-with-peripheral-driver-development/ really helped me, there is also some nice for newbies youtube channels like https://www.youtube.com/@ControllersTech

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Although a bit dated at this point Geoff Brown had a good course/intro

https://legacy.cs.indiana.edu/~geobrown/book.pdf

In college we did a "Learning how to Learn" type course, and I've used books and reference manuals to learn MCU over the last few decades. I tend to use a "Triangulation" method, where I get multiple topic perspectives, from multiple authors, and forms, and use this to evolve my understanding. It is often a matter to finding the right person to explain something the right way, that leverages knowledge you already have.

For the Cortex-M parts Joseph Yiu has a series of "Essential" books covering the cores with a more user centric perspective than the TRM (Technical Reference Manuals). ST has it's Programming Manuals which are akin to ARM's TRM

There are several college level texts on ARM and RISC processors that might provide context.

Vendors like ST, NXP, ATMEL, etc bolt on their own peripherals to the cores. These are covered in the Reference Manuals, but the concepts can perhaps be gleaned from ancient texts from the like of Zaks or Leventhal, it's just easier these days to put multiple instantiations on the IC / SoC than it was with externally wired peripheral chips.

In more recent years Muhammad Ali Mazidi seems to have taken up a lot of the MCU text book space, perhaps check with Amazon, or other e-book vendors, to see if you find his style amenable.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

>>So i want to move from Arduino to STM32 for better performance and technology.

Arduino does actually have some quite powerful boards/parts. Now admittedly they hide a lot of the complexity you might need to do things properly, and libraries / drivers that you'd now have to own at a system level.

The GIGA RI uses an STM32H747

https://store-usa.arduino.cc/pages/giga-r1-wifi?selectedStore=us

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thank you, let me check out the books

thanks, i had checked out the Udemy course, the syllabus looks well listed. At this point I was preferring more like on site course first , then have online after.

Thank you, i tried following one tutorial from one of these channels, I think steppe school, but I wasn't understanding properly, could get lost at some point. was hoping for more like a offline training in person attendance if possible. but I'll continue trying these sources provided.

The courses look fine.

Post edited to adhere community guidelines.

MHank.1
Associate III

DigiKey offers a series of videos on the STM32.

DigiKey videos

PartsBin - An Electronic Parts Organizer for Windows