cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H747I-Disco Examples combination issue

ElectroManiac
Associate II

hello forum

I'm trying to use two examples at once, I'm looking for a script to save an image on an SD card as Jpeg
the examples are:
BSP
JPEG_EncodingUsingFs_DMA

I'm trying to import the JPEG_Encoding example into the BSP one,
While doing so, the compiler doesn't recognize the function JPEG_InitColorTables();
it's part of the jpeg_utils.c under #if (USE_JPEG_ENCODER==1). which I have defined in jpeg_utils_conf.h but the compiler still doesn't recognize it.

am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Show the exact error messages and surrounding context.

Ensure the jpeg_utils.c file is getting compiled by adding its source directory to the source location paths.

Ensure the appropriate headers are being included by the files that are trying to use that function.

From your description, it's unclear if it's a compiler error or a linker error.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Ive already made sure to include the paths in the includes section under the paths and symbols section.

this is the error I'm getting:

ElectroManiac_1-1722945350795.png

I was also trying to change the includs order of all the relevant files so that the USE_JPEG_ENCODER was defined before the jpeg_utils.h itself so that the jpeg_utils.c will have everything it needs while compilng

the complier finds the files but the JPEG_InitColorTables() function itself is still "locked"

Show the full contents of the Console tab after you try to clean and rebuild.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Apparently the "clean and rebuild" did the trick, I'll continue to try and "play" with everything a bit more and continue to update here if I have more issues

thank you very much!

@ElectroManiac wrote:

this is the error I'm getting:

ElectroManiac_1-1722945350795.png

I think the 'Undefined Reference' is a Linker error - not a compiler error.

So this wasn't a problem with include paths/files.

As @TDK suggested, the Console output is a lot more informative that this "Problems" list