AAlex.20
Associate II

Bus speed - 100kbit/s in CAN 2.0 mode

FDCAN clk - 48Mhz

Prescaler - 24 (bit length 20tq)

TQ1 - 15 (sample point 80%)

TQ2 - 4

SJW - 4

Receiving CAN messages without any problems, bus seems to be ok, even if FDCAN in normal mode(error counters are 0). But if I try to send something, bus nodes put Error state after the transmitted frame. Tried to adjust the sample point from 50% to 90% - the same. Tried to use HSE as clock source (12Mhz) instead of PLL1 - no differences. Tranceivers are TJA1041, that work perfectly on Cortex - M4 MCU with the same bus. I noticed 1 us difference between recessive bit of the transmitted frame and any of received frames (~9.6us against ~10.5us), but slight speed adjustment leads to receive errors.

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I think you wanted to say 100kbit/s

Try to decrease the prescaler as much as possible and increase TQ1 and TQ2 and use HSE+PLL as source clock to match 100kb/s.

I don't know what is your system clock value but please try to use higher frequencies.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AAlex.20
Associate II

Sure, I ment 100kb/s.

HSE - 12Mhz

Tried different configs

HSE+PLL1 - 96MHz

BRP - 1

TSEG1 - 149

TSEG2 - 50

tq per bit - 200

HSE+PLL1 - 48MHz

BRP - 1

TSEG1 - 74

TSEG2 - 25

tq per bit - 100

On these two FDCAN raise error passive flag and goes to idle, no data received.

HSE+PLL1 - 48MHz

BRP - 6

TSEG1 - 59

TSEG2 - 20

tq per bit - 80

HSE+PLL1 - 48MHz

BRP - 12

TSEG1 - 29

TSEG2 - 10

tq per bit - 40

HSE+PLL1 - 48MHz

BRP - 24

TSEG1 - 14

TSEG2 - 5

tq per bit - 20

HSE+PLL1 - 12MHz

BRP - 3

TSEG1 - 29

TSEG2 - 10

tq per bit - 40

On these configs behavior is the same: receive - just fine, transmit - fail as I mentioned above.

I found that FDCAN1 and FDCAN2 behavior on same configs is different. Some of FDCAN1 packets reaches other nodes, I see some discontinous reaction of executive mechanisms.All packets transmitted from FDCAN2 are discarded with error.

Check your Tx path: GPIO pin, transceiver, etc..

+ Check the power supply of your transceiver + its stability

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.