cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings to all, I'm similar vintage and background, but less experience to Tesla DeLorean with 6502 etc. I am very disappointed by the new STM32 MOOCs, but criticism is unproductive. Can anybody direct me to a link or copy of the former MOOCs please.

Ned.
Associate III

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Ned.​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

I'm not aware about any change in STM32 MOOCs (unless @Cedric LECOUTRE​ can confirm it).

So, I'm curious to know what makes you disappointed because this will help us to improve our offer.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Greetings all, please ignore my previous question.
Cheers and apologies,
Peter Kelly.
Hi Amelia, I don't know the name of your wonderful Polish accented Applications Engineer who presented the STM32 HAL section of your MOOC, so let's refer to him as "ADAM" until I learn his real name.
I was so impressed with ADAM'S style (thoroughbred  engineering) and subject matter (hands-on, real code), that he set an excellent standard for the remainder of your team to meet or surpass.
The other presenters (with one ot two exceptions) seemed more interested in impressing the ST management with a slick, marketing oriented and sales approach which rendered even watching it as a time wasting and frustrating exercise for "how to" knowledge seekers. Simply presenting part overviews of block diagrams and quoting specs. which are often even highlighted in part spec. sheets seems wasteful and not newsworthy to me.
Perhaps the problem is my grumpy old impatience, but I did truly enjoy (and I also recorded) "ADAM'S" great practical presentations - even gis side comments were crumbs of inspiration. I am a very experienced presenter from my days in Defence as a Research Scientist, where we had monthly colloquia where we presented our work progress. Not many of your presenters would be taken seriously as truly technical, simply 'hand waving' and gesturing.
I hope that I have not been too negative and crude and that my comments are considered as helpful. The message is " keep focused on technical how-to knowledge with your great products", they have degraded into technical sales pitches.
I sincerely hope this is helpful for you. If I can be if any assistance, please feel free to ask me as I am retired and have a big place in my heart for ST and a few other producers of quality electronic components.
Cheers Alexandre, Peter Kelly.
PS. If "ADAM" agrees, please tell me his real name.
Cheers, p