cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPDMA, UART transmit using LL library?

Asantos
Senior

Hi,

Is there a LL Library project example or at least a code snippet of how to transmit uart data using the GPDMA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

I reported your request internally.

Internal ticket number: 140709 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

You may need to specify STM32 product. Here is an example on how to use the MDMA triggered by GP-DMA using HAL;

STM32CubeH7/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Examples/MDMA/MDMA_GPDMA_Triggering at c94252df7cec24a8fef67b28933353476a1edd3c · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7 (github.com)

Hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Asantos
Senior

Hi F.Belaid,

GPDMA is ST's new DMA that is currently only available on the new STM32U5 and STM32H5. I'm using the NUCLEO-H563ZI board, but examples for the STM32U5 would also do. And I need low-level examples, using the LL Library or register-level, of how to use this new DMA.

Actually, There are no available examples for the UART with GPDMA in the CubeFW for the STM32H5 using LL .

I recommend you check this section 16 General purpose direct memory access controller (GPDMA) in the Reference Manual : STM32H563/H573 and STM32H562 Arm<Sup>®</Sup>-based 32-bit MCUs - Reference manual

Foued

Hi,

I just don't understand how ST releases a new DMA, and doesn't post any code examples on how to use it. There's no way to do this from scratch just based on the reference manual. And the code that transmits over DMA using the HAL is incredibly inefficient. If I transmit a few bytes, the process of the function takes longer than the transmission itself. So I think ST should release code examples on how to use GPDMA with UART, SPI, ADC, etc. In normal mode and using the LL Library. This way it is easier for us to migrate applications from the previous STM32 to the new H5 while maintaining performance.

You can refer to the STM32CubeFW for more examples using GPDMA using HAL( ADC / I2C/ UART ..)

STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.0.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H563ZI\Examples

Foued

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

I reported your request internally.

Internal ticket number: 140709 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

Could not say better