cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a three phase system, I want to stop the pwm of channel 1 using comparator 1, channel 2 using comparator 2, channel 3 using comparator 3. The current of each leg is being fed to concerned comparator. I can't find any method to do that.

Asoni.1
Associate II

Three comparators are fed with three currents of each leg. we want to stop the PWM of concerned leg whenever the current goes beyond the set value of DAC.

4 REPLIES 4
MFran.4
Senior

Which stm32 are you using?

Do you use three different DAC outputs from your MCU to the comparators?

We could use some context.

Asoni.1
Associate II

I am using STM32G431C8. Yes 3 DAC outputs are used in Comparator.

In my 3phase inverter, I am using Timer 1, CH1,CH1N,CH2,CH2N,CH3,CH3N as PWM for 3 legs of Full bridge topology. The current of each leg is being sensed and also fed to a comparator. Now if the current of first leg goes beyond the limit, the PWM of CH1 and CH1N should stop. I can't find a way to implement this using this MCU.

If you want to use the BREAK functionality which acts in hardware, that acts on all channels at once, you cannot use it separately on different channels.

You still can use software - stop/disable/whatever action is appropriate upon interrupt on comparators changing output level.

JW

Asoni.1
Associate II

I know I can't use BREAK here, but I want some kind of hardware functionality to facilitate this. This feature is useful for PFC as well as Motor control application, specially in Current mode control. I looked in the manual in depth but no feature makes it possible. oc_clr_input, external trigger, nothing. If someone has implemented such this please let me know.