Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ''Invalid ROM table'' for Keil ULINK debug interface

flyer31
Senior
Posted on January 05, 2012 at 15:52

Hi,

I have the MCBSTM32F400 development board - this worked fine up to now. Now I wanted to write some new complex application (trying to ''re-target'' a USB MSC example of ST for this board). When I loaded the new code (by pressing the debug button in uVision), the loading somehow was not the same as before with the demo application: If I remember correctly, somehow the system tried to load 2 times. Then it switched off the debug mode automatically. Now if I try anything else (also when I try to load the original Keil demo application, or any very simple Blinky example), I get the Error ''Invalid ROM table'' (title of this small error window: ''ULINK - Cortex-M error'').

Anybody has any idea, what this means, or how to handle it?

#stm32-ulink-keil-cortex
10 REPLIES 10
flyer31
Senior
Posted on January 21, 2012 at 14:58

Just a final remark: I now finally found the real reason for this error message: I tried to load the STMF4Discovery example on the Keil board with the unchanged file ''system_stem32f4xx.c''. But this file contains the oscillator frequency, which is 25MHz for Keil and 8MHz for STMF4Discovery. So get a software of STMF4Discovery running on the Keil board, you should better take the ''system_stm32f4xx.c'' from a valid Keil example (or just exchange the line with the Oscillator frequency define).