cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dose flash loader demonstrator support STM32G474 chips? am I doing wrong with STM32G474?

Lkim.1
Associate II

I am trying to do download bin file through uart (serial trans)

I have experience which downloaded using flash loader demonstrator with STM32F4 series.

so I thought it could be easy to do with STM32G474

and I found datasheet about option bit can choose boot mode.

so I changed option bits .

but flash loader demonstrator doesn't work..

flash loader program couldn't find mcu.

it show messages that " No response from the target, the boot loader can not be started

please verify the boot mode configuration and the flash protection status

reset your device and try again. "

so I tried every combination of option bits ( nBOOT1,nSWBOOT0,nBOOT0) .. 8 times.

but it still doesn't work well.

I don't understand what should I do for using demonstrator with STM32G474..

please help me.

8 REPLIES 8
SBEN .2
Senior II

Hello @Lkim.1​ ,

You should use STM32CubeProgrammer instead of Flash Loader Demo, especially that the latter support newer parts.

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Lkim.1
Associate II

thanks for your reply.

I'm using STM32CubeProgrammer for changing option bits...

what should I do ?

Hello @Lkim.1​ ,

Flash Loader Demonstrator is deprecated and isn't guaranteed to work on newer parts.

0693W00000BdOdiQAF.pngPlease check section 2.1.4, figure 7 for the steps you need to follow in STM32CubeProgrammer's user manual: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2237-stm32cubeprogrammer-software-description-stmicroelectronics.pdf

0693W00000BdOevQAF.pngBest regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Hello~ : ) thanks for your kindness reply

I'be tried what you said. using STM32CubeProgrammer, with UART connect.

but it still doesn't connect well..

it shows error which is "Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again... "

so I think I need to check one by one.

1. I tried to boot as System memory , is that correct?
  2. I set option bits BOOT_LOCK = 0 , nBOOT1 = 1, nBOOT0 =0 , nSWBOOT0 ( cause I'm using PB8 as output ) , is that correct?
  3. I tried to connect while plug in STlink V3, (without connecting ST-LINK) , is that problem ?
  4. I tried to connect Uart3 pin in mcu, STM32G474 doesn't support Uart3 as bootloader ?
  5. I use Uart3 and baudrate is 14400, so I tried to connect baudrate 14400. is that correct?

I need your help really ,,

I have no Idea what should I do next...

Use SWD/JTAG ?

The UART off the loader is sensitive to all the potential connections sources, see AN2606

ie if you have a GPS/GNSS receiver chattering on one of the other monitored UARTs it will see that first.

You have ONE shot to send the 0x7F data pattern, you'll need to reset and start over if it sees a different pattern.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I use JTAG for option bytes

uart is just serial port . not using JTAG

I don't have any GPS/GNSS receiver...

I thought STM32cube programmer send 0x7F automatically when I click connect button.

I send the 0x7F data using terminal program. but there is no ack return. something's wrong on chip?

Hello @Lkim.1​ ,

Are you using a custom board or a development board?

Best regards,

@SBEN .2​ 

Hello @SBEN .2​ . sorry I'm late~

I'm using custom board which my company made it before I hired.

is that a possible the mcu has some problem?