cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the CANFD interface on STM32H745I-DISCO Discovery Kit directly connected to the CAN bus or need a transceiver? If need transceiver, which transceiver could be advised?

jma.2
Associate II

8 REPLIES 8
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @jma.2​, to the community!

In the STM32 and other microcontrollers, only the CAN or FD-CAN MAC (media access controller) is included, the associated PHY (transceiver) must be connected externally.

Since FD-CAN (aka CAN FD) is standardised, you can connect any PHY.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jma.2
Associate II

Hi Peter,

Thank you and for STM32H745I-DISCO Discovery Kit this kit, does it integrated PHY (transceiver)?

MA JIAN

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, as you can see in the schematics of the MB1381, this DISCOVERY also includes the FDCAN transceivers (PHY), one for each of the two ports.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, Thank you Peter,

Our customer would like to buy a programming tool for STM32H745I-DISCO Discovery Kit

Would you please advise ?

Thank you

MA JIAN

Your customer doesn't need to buy a programming tool for a DISCOVERY because every DISCOVERY has a built-in ST-LINK?

The STM32H745I-DISCO even contains one of the most modern ST-LINK/V3E and only needs a Micro-USB cable to connect to a host computer.

Regards

/Peter

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You don't need to add transceivers as STM32H745I-DISCO Discovery board features already two transceivers MCP2562FD which can support up to 8 Mbps Operation. Also you don't need to add termination resistors of 120ohm:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj1UeQAI.png 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter

Thank you and does STM32H7B3I-DK need to buy a ​ programming tool ?

Thank you

MA JIAN

No, all DISCOVERY kits contain a flavour of the ST-LINK, able to program the kit.