cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCMI_SnapshotMode project on STM32H747I-DISCO Not Working

sh100
Associate

The DCMI_SnapshotMode (and the DCMI_CaptureMode) project is able to be compiled and executed on the discovery kit, but the LCD panel only shows snow/static instead of video from the B-CAMS-OMV camera module bundle. 

Analysis via an oscilloscope shows that the camera itself is working and sending data over to the processor, indicating the step in which that data is sent to the LCD where things seem to go wrong. 

This issue occurred on 3 different STM32H7747I-DISCO boards (all purchased from DigiKey and all with the same B-CAMS_OMV camera module bundle attached). The CM7 processor-only code was executed. 

Are there any known solutions to this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DBonh.1 ,

The DCMI_SnapshotMode example with the fix is available in STM32CubeH7 GitHub package.

Could you please download this DCMI example from this link .Note that all BSP drivers are fixed in this GitHub.

I hope this help you! 

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @sh100 and welcome to the Community;

Which MB1166 Rev.A revision are you Using? A01, A03, A09...?

If your STM32H747I-Disco based on LCD DSI MB1166 Rev.A03 or MB1166 Rev.A09, you can used this fix available on GitHub :

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/commit/1c84713102f8509deb79ae14db8dbb104c17c45e#di...

In fact , LCD DSI MB1166-A09 or MB1166-A03 delivered with latest version of STM32H747I-DISCO/ boards come based on LCD FGRIDA FRD400B25025-A-CTK instead of FRD397B25009-D-CTK.

Now the firmware is updated , you just need to enable the right hardware component as defined in stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h file and add the new component library (NT35510) in your project .

/* IMPORTANT: One of the following flags must be enabled in stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h file */

/* options in order to select the target daughter board revision connected on STM32H747I DISCOVERY : !!!!!!!!!! */

/* USE_LCD_CTRL_OTM8009A */ /* Applicable for all LCD daughter boards (MB1166) except for Rev -A09 */

/* USE_LCD_CTRL_NT35510 */ /* Applicable only for LCD daughter boards (MB1166) Rev -A09 */

Note that LCD MB1166-A03 A225302336 is also with the LCD FGRIDA FRD400B25025-A-CTK , so you can use this fix.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Accept as Solution. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Kaouthar,

We have the same problem with a recently purchased H747i-Disco kit from Digikey. It has a -A09 LCD module. 
Your fix seems to assume that we are using a Github repo. But we are using an example project generated from STM32CubeIDE using File:Import: Import STM32IDE Example... DCMI_Snapshot. After creating these example projects I don't see how to simple update the BSP drivers. And the stm32h747i_discovery_config.h file does not even show up in the IDE's project explorer because it is outside of the project in the Common files.

Do we need to give up on the imported example projects and create a GitHub repo instead? 
If there is a way to fix our imported example project, can you please describe more explicitly the steps to we need take to make our imported example project consistent with the updated GitHub project? Thanks!

Hello @DBonh.1 ,

The DCMI_SnapshotMode example with the fix is available in STM32CubeH7 GitHub package.

Could you please download this DCMI example from this link .Note that all BSP drivers are fixed in this GitHub.

I hope this help you! 

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar