cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasheet error and mismatch STM32H7B3I-DK for ARDUINO configurations URGENT

DRAME.1
Associate II

Hi Team  

I am plannimng to connect the arduino and and STM32H7B3I-DK (MB1332B)

I see that in the document USART4_TX PH13 D1 and USART3_RX PB11 D0

I am getting confused how RX is on USART 3 and TX is on USART 4.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00610478-discovery-kit-with-stm32h7b3li-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

some thing which i am not able to get it right in the document

I have attached the images that shows the that UART TX4 and UART RX4 has the pin PH13 and PH14.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group1/e0/e5/29/92/9d/37/47/91/MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic/files/MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic.PDF/jcr:content/translations/en.MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic.PDF

But when i tried to enable the code in the STM32IDE i see that the pins being used as 

PB8 and PB9 for UART4

so how can i configure the UART pin in the code so i can use uart4 and receive the data

I have attached the images for references 

can anyone please help me to get the right confiugration and point me to exact version of document and pin confiugrations

Thank you

Deepak R 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How is it conceivably going to work with PB8/PB9?

You're going to have to drive the user interface to select PH13/PH14 and associate them with UART4. These aren't my tools.

I thought we'd already established that the VCP used USART1 on PA9/PA10

>>I did not undertand what do you mean by pin/change in chip level

These aren't my tools, my expectation is you have to click on the chip pin diagram to select the PH13 pins and associate them with UART4, similarly disassociate the PB8/PB9, which I have no idea why it fixated on for this board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Team Of One Here,

Surely it is not that hard to figure out what's actually connected to what?

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000LdOOySAN/interfacing-stm32-and-arduino-uno-v3-shield

>>But when i tried to enable the code in the STM32IDE i see that the pins being used as PB8 and PB9 for UART4 so how can i configure the UART pin in the code so i can use uart4 and receive the data

That's presumably ONE choice for UART4, need to change at a pin/chip level

Hi Clive

Thanks for info

I have another board STM32F401RE

I see that the reference manual and the code has the same pins being used attached the screenshot 

Thnak you

Deepak R

TDK
Guru

I'd be inclined to believe the schematic over the user's manual. Toggling the pin with GPIO and measuring should also provide your answer.

Change pins by selecting the pin you want in the pinout view and changing its function to what you want. In this case, select PH13 and set its mode to UART4_TX.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Ok, but I don't know how that advances the understanding on what's going on with the DK board

Hi clive

That's presumably ONE choice for UART4, need to change at a pin/chip level

I did not undertand what do you mean by pin/change in chip level

However i tried somethings I see that the following configurations as showed in the attachment

of VCPTX AND VCP RX will that anyway help me

I have 2 questions

1)Shall i believe that the code being generated is right

and there is a problem in the pins named in schematic and continue as PB8 and PB9 is the right pins

OR

2)Believing schematic is right .

Is there a way to change the pin names in the code to PH13 *** PH14 instead of PB8 and PB9 so it works

Thank you

Deepak R

Can you please let me know

what chnages are needed for Toggling the pin with GPIO and measuring should also provide your answer ?

Is it like just make the connections and try something ?? can you pleas eprovide information more

how can i change the pinout view I see that following configurations are there to ph13 ad PH14

Attached the pin configurations

Please help out

How is it conceivably going to work with PB8/PB9?

You're going to have to drive the user interface to select PH13/PH14 and associate them with UART4. These aren't my tools.

I thought we'd already established that the VCP used USART1 on PA9/PA10

>>I did not undertand what do you mean by pin/change in chip level

These aren't my tools, my expectation is you have to click on the chip pin diagram to select the PH13 pins and associate them with UART4, similarly disassociate the PB8/PB9, which I have no idea why it fixated on for this board.

Hi Clive

Finally i was able to chnage the pins Attcahed the screen shot using pinout tab view