cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERFACING STM32 AND ARDUINO UNO V3 SHIELD

DRAME.1
Associate II

Hi Team

I am trying to interface ARDUINO ans STM32H7B31 I have both boards and i have studied the document that says the arduino connections CN10 CN11 CN19 CN20

I hope it need and interface/shield to to connect as both the boards have the female connectors and not bale to fix it I have ARDUINO V3 board

Can you please help me on getting the exact shield that is needed for connecting these boards

I have attached both the images Can you please help on fixing both .

Thank you

Deepak R

7 REPLIES 7

The STM32H7B3I-DK is designed to host shields, not the Arduino itself.

You can cross connect the Serial ports via D0/D1 pins on the headers, and providing a common ground.

On the STM32H7B3I-DK (REV B) the D1 pin is the OUTPUT UART4_TX, D0 is the INPUT UART4_RX

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group1/e0/e5/29/92/9d/37/47/91/MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic/files/MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic.PDF/jcr:content/translations/en.MB1332-H7B3I-B02_Schematic.PDF

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DRAME.1
Associate II

Hi Clive 

Thanks for providing the feedback

I will connect the common ground on arduino and and STM32H7B3I-DK and also connect the UART TX and RX PIN  Thnaks for helping and correcting me .

I see that in the document USART4_TX PH13 D1 and USART3_RX PB11 D0

I am getting confused how RX is on USART 3 and TX is on USART 4.

some thing which i am not able to get it right in the document

I have attached the images that shows the that UART TX4 and UART RX4 has the pin PH13 and PH14 as you mentioned

But when i tried to enable the code in the STM32IDE i see that the pins being used for UART4 RX and UART4 TX are

PB8 and PB9 

so how can i configure the UART pin in the code so i can use uart4 and receive the data and all configurations are in place

I have attached the images for references 

Thank you

Deepak R 

I'm going by the Rev B board schematics which should match your board.

This is not a board I have, so can't speak to the reality on the ground.

I'd start by trusting the schematic, and perhaps toggle the pins as GPIO and scoping them.​ Then you'd know for sure.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DRAME.1
Associate II

Thanks for the reply i will just connect the pins and see whether with default UART4 configurations works