Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAC/ADC conversion + timer triggering

Omar Suárez
Senior
Posted on January 16, 2018 at 10:34

Hello,

I need to control the acquisition and generation of a signal using the STM32F746ZG and its internal DAC and ADC. The idea is to trigger the DAC using one timer and the ADC using another timer (without the use of DMA by now). I will use the STM32F7Cube HAL to generate the code.

I am trying to gather some information and code examples about how to configure those peripherals but I am not finding many examples.

Does anybody knows where I could find some example projects using those peripherals?

I found one using the ADC triggering mode (STM32F7CubeHAL - STM32F769I_EVAL) but I am still trying to make it work with my board but I have nothing using the DAC.

Thanks in advanced,

Omar

#stm32f7-hal #enable-adc #trigger-timer #dac
11 REPLIES 11
PPati.17
Associate II

STM32's Cortex M7 parts or their CubeMX generated code is very buggy. I was doing development using STM32H743ZIT6 Nucleo Board. From ITM to DMA - there were so many things that did not work without applying obscure patches found from the recesses of the internet. Luckily for me, my project did not require the horsepower of an M7 so I switched to M4 and it worked just fine. I believe, ST's M4 code and devices are more stable than M7. Besides, even in M4 I use a very common part - STM32F407VGT6. This got rid of many of the "pulling my hair out" kind of bugs.

MSlei.8
Associate

Same issue here, unbelievable!!!!

Still unsolved (July 2019 Errata). I will give up working with the M7 (F746), will go back to the M4 (F407).

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/errata_sheet/4d/39/a6/8c/84/47/47/67/DM00145382.pdf/files/DM00145382.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00145382.pdf