cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX on Linux fails to generate FSMC MSP code

frackers
Senior
Posted on October 24, 2017 at 04:11

Running latest 4.1 STM32CubeMx on both *buntu and Windows 7 and the generated stm32f4xx_hal_msp.c is totally different. The HAL libraries in both cases areSTM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0.

With the Linux version, the following functions are missing:

• HAL_FSMC_MspInit
  • HAL_SRAM_MspInit
  • HAL_FSMC_MspDeInit
  • HAL_SRAM_MspDeInit

which results (not surprisingly) a totally useless build.

This needs to be fixed urgently as I only have part-time access to a single windows machine to create the code if I change any pinouts etc.

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
25 REPLIES 25
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 22:50

Last time I tried the plugin it made a total mess of my project. I'll give it a go but I don't hold out much hope...

Posted on January 08, 2018 at 23:23

OK - tried that, (Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2), Build id: 20171218-0600) and the plugin crashes Eclipse totally after STILL getting the code generation wrong.

The following files are left behind after the crash

• dma_GV.tmp  

• dma.tmp  

• fatfs_ext_vars.tmp  

• fatfs_HalInit.tmp  

• fatfs_inc.tmp  

• fatfs_vars.tmp  

• gpio.tmp  

• license.tmp  

• mx_fsmc_GV.tmp  

• mx_fsmc_HC.tmp  

• mx_

fsmc_MSP.tmp  

• system.tmp

Interesting that 'mx_fsmc_MSP.tmp' appears to have all the information required by the MSP generation but it is not used.

Posted on January 09, 2018 at 02:29

Thank you for trying that! The plug-in does not need root rights. It doesn't mess my Eclipse (the most recent version for the linux 64bit) but is good to know that is the same code as the standalone edition.

Edit: It messed mine too! Eclipse flickering like crazy!

Posted on January 09, 2018 at 06:42

It will make a difference if you uncheck the 'Generate peripheral initialization as a pair of .c/.h ...'?

Posted on January 09, 2018 at 22:36

It was already unchecked on both Windows and Linux installs. I've checked that all other switches are the same between the installs.

On the Linux install, with it checked, no initialisation code is generated anywhere (no new files, most of MSP file is empty).

Posted on January 09, 2018 at 23:24

Clearly, the linux code is not on par with the one for windows... and there are more problems in some other parts. Can't wait to see the next version and which direction they choose for further development. I'll make my remarks then... 

frackers
Senior
Posted on January 24, 2018 at 02:07

Yeah, and overwrites old versions of the driver. By example, I had 1.8.0 version of the driver for STM32L1 installed, and checked 1.8.1, the next version for installation. It first downloaded an 1.8.0 version from their server and unarchived it over my version, and only after that it downloaded the new one and installed it. But no problem, I have a backup...

frackers
Senior
Posted on February 21, 2018 at 23:37

Upgraded to 4.24.0 and HAL 1.19.0 and Linux version of CubeMX is STILL not fit for purpose.

I propose that ST pay for a Windows license for me so that I can continue my project or admit that they don't really support Linux.

frackers
Senior
Posted on March 16, 2018 at 01:55

Upgraded to 4.25.0 and HAL 1.21.0 and Linux version of CubeMX is STILL not fit for purpose.

I'm still waiting for that Windows license.

So much for the portability of Java apps.