cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect STM32CubeU5 B-U585I-IOT02A to WPA-2 Enterprise

JGens.1
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to the STM hardware and embedded programming in general. My goal is to connect the B-U585I-IOT02A to a WPA-2 Enterprise WIFI (it needs to be that standard).

I found the examples in the git repository about connecting to WIFI with which it is possible to connect to more modern WIFI standards: STM32CubU5 github repo Projects -> B-U585I-IOT02A -> Applications -> NetXDuo -> Nx_TCP_Echo_Client

According to the documentation of the WIFI module on B-U585I-IOT02A it should be possible to connect to WPA2 Enterprise. 

Is there a sample project to enable the MCU to connect to the WPA2 Enterprise router? Does anyone has experience with that and could guide me to make this possible?

(I can't post any links, since I'm now to this website)

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

15 REPLIES 15
JGens.1
Associate II

@GFAIV​  And is it possible to connect the board to internet through ethernet with the usb-c connector?

It is supported on this data sheet describing the EMW3080 module. On the B-U585I-IOT02A board, you use an STM32 host API that will interface with this EMW3080 module. This is where it is not supported.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@JGens.1​ The wi-fi module on this board is from MXCHIP, so you can ask them directly how to set up for WPA-2 enterprise.

Hi @JGens.1​ ,

Yes it’s possible to use USB as TCP/IP bridge.

We have examples on STM32U5 here: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5/tree/main/Projects/STM32U575I-EV/Applications/USBX/Ux_Device_CDC_ECM

You can use ECM or RNDIS or other standards. (we only provide ECM/RNDIS, customers can build their own).

I hope it helps.

@MWB_CHa​ Does this example also run on the B-U585I-IOT02A or do we need to transfer the logic to a standard project from the board we are using?

Yes you'll need some changes to make the example run on B-U585I-IOT02A (mainly change the board related code. Code related to USB doesn't need to be changed and will work seamlessly.)