cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot flash firmware through UART

Abijith
Associate II

pic1.PNGpic2.PNGpic3.PNG

Finally after a long struggle, I was able to get into the system memory by changing to CP2102 ttl wire. Now I have another problem. Any solution to fix this? 

The PCROP_PDP bit is unchecked also.

7 REPLIES 7
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

The tool you are using is very old and obsolete. Please use STM32CubeProgrammer  instead.

Refer also to this article on how to use the tool in bootloader mode with an example:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-use-stm32cubeprogrammer-to-access-the-usart-bootloader-on/ta-p/49608

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have been using the STM32 CubeProgrammer also and it's able to work there. Except when I change Option Bytes via UART it hangs but that isn't a problem. 

I got another question. Is it possible to power the board via the VIN pins rather than the microUSB?
I have to connect the microUSB always and later connect to the bootloader via UART. Else, if I just connect via UART it doesn't work.

Hello,

As you are talking about VIN pin I suppose you are using an ST board. Yes you can but you need to refer to the User Manual of the board and check the power supply section and check the usage restrictions.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I am using the STM32-L432KC board. It has the ST-LINK on board.

So are you telling me that I can power the board using the VIN pin and I don't need to connect the microUSB?

Yes you can power supply the board through VIN pin but you need to check the user manual of the board for restrictions:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um1956-stm32-nucleo32-boards-mb1180-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Especially the section 6.4 Power supply and power selection

Thanks, will try and let you know.

Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.