cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reset the core

JS8
Senior

Hi,

When attempting to connect to an STM32F030C8T6 MCU, ST-LINK Utility gives the following error message:

"Can not connect to target!
If you're trying to connect to an STM32W1xx device, please select Normal or HotPlug mode from Target->Settings menu.
If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.
Can't reset the core"

I have it connected via SWD. Pin 19 of ST-LINK/V2 is connected to the VDD of the MCU. Pin 1 is connected to VDD of the MCU. GND of MCU is connected to pin 20 of ST-LINK.

How can I fix this error? I've had the same setup before and that has worked. This is the first time I'm getting this error. I've tried rebooting my PC & ST-LINK. I can't erase the chip because the ST-LINK Utility can't connect to it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I didn't change anything, but it works now. (??)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi, 

ST-LINK Utility is old and deprecated.

Use stmCubeProgrammer !       https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

download, install - then try with this to connect.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi,

I tried to connect with Stm32CubeIDE, didn't work.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Tried connecting it through STM32CubeProgrammer.

Try Connect Under Reset option.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi,

I didn't change anything, but it works now. (??)

Imen.D
ST Employee

Glad to know the issue has been solved 🙂

Disconnecting and connecting the board may have solved your problem!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen