Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Bus doesn't work in normal mode between two MCUs

mr_vineet
Associate II

Hello,
Hope you all doing well..!!

I am using two microcontrollers i.e., for transmitting data I have to use STM32F407VET6 and for receiving I have to use STM32F407VGT6 also I have to connect MCP2551 CAN Transceiver. I am transmitting data from one board and receiving data from another board through CAN Bus Protocol Communication

However, the data is not transmitted and received. I have properly checked the hardware connections and terminated the bus at both ends with 120-ohm resistors.

IDE: STM32CubeIDE

Which step should I follow for communication between boards?

Thank You in advance!!

22 REPLIES 22

Hello,

With an oscilloscope or with a logic analyser, you need to check the availability of CAN frame on CAN_TX pin of the transmitter and on CAN_RX pin on the receiver.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
mr_vineet
Associate II

I had to check with the logic analyser it's showing can_error.

can_error? How?

Could you please share the analyser CAN frames screenshots of CAN_TX of the transmitter and CAN_RX of the receiver?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.