cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring up stm32G4 custom board

sireevenkat1
Senior

Hi,

In my project I need to bring up stm32g4 IC in custom board. Can anyone tell me the process to do that.

1. Bootlooader flashing: Do we need to flash the bootloade in to IC?if Yes,Where can I get the bootloader for STM32G4 IC.What is the process to flash it into IC with STM32Cube iDE and debugger.Do I need anytool or any configuration settings I need to do.Can anyone please share the resource link if available.

2.With debugger do I need to use?I have IAR I-Jet debugger/JLINK V9 J-LINK Debugger Emulator High Speed Firmware debugger with me can I use these for flashing the firmware with stm32 Cube IDE.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @sireevenkat1 ,

Do you have already your board ready ? And all hardware is well tested . If Yes, you need just an SWD ( serial wire ) connector you can hook to your J-link or ST-link etc and run your debugger and test a quick example such as while(1) . The embedded bootloader is already programmed by ST factory.

have a great day,

STOne-32

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @sireevenkat1 ,

Do you have already your board ready ? And all hardware is well tested . If Yes, you need just an SWD ( serial wire ) connector you can hook to your J-link or ST-link etc and run your debugger and test a quick example such as while(1) . The embedded bootloader is already programmed by ST factory.

have a great day,

STOne-32

Hi @STOne-32 ,

>>>Do you have already your board ready ? And all hardware is well tested 

I received a custom board PCB from hardware team. It has STM32G491RET6 IC is assembled on it  along with required hardware. For this basic example check is enough? Does that IC comes with programmed bootloader?

Thanks

Roger SHIVELY
ST Employee

Hello @sireevenkat1 ,

There has been a case created to resolve this question and we will be reaching out to you directly.

Regards,
Roger