cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baud rate

000harsha
Associate II

In a spectroscopy application I am sampling the incoming values at 300kHz with a 12-bit ADC so i will be having a bit rate of 3.6Mbps do i need to have the same baud rate. I am doing it using stm32f401re

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You already asked something similar here.

But let's do the maths: assuming you use the full 12bit from the 12bit ADC (you can also sample with 8bit or 10bit) at 300kHz, then this results in net 4.8Mbps. However, this does not take into account any delay, e.g. due to the handshake during serial transmission or storage/processing on the remote side. Furthermore, assuming that your ADC data is delivered permanently, i.e. without interruption, you would therefore have to transmit at a significantly higher data rate so that no data is lost.

However, it is not yet possible to say more precisely because only you know the temporal behaviour of your overall system.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Can we achieve such higher baud rate of 4.8Mbps in stm32f401re

See ds F401 :

AScha3_0-1720680290371.png

For 12b ADC set SPI to 16b data (half-word, if using DMA.).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".