cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About using virtual com ports with STM32F767

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Before I forget, I'm using STM32IDE 1.6.1 on Linux. The board is a custom design. In order to make the problem reproductible, I have reproduced the problem on a Nucleo 144 board with STM32F767.

I have setup a VCOM port using USB cdc, and it works fine when I'm in the debugger with STlink plugged in.

What my simple demonstration does:

• Establishes a VCom port for communication. Nothing fancy, basically everything is set by Cube setup tool. There are a few things to add, as explained in video tutorials.
  • Once connected to a terminal (I use CoolTerm on Ubuntu), I press keys on my ubuntu machine's keyboard. R lits the red led, and as you may guess, g lits the green, and b lits the blue, and finally c clears all.

This works well when in debug mode, even without breakpoints. It reacts instantly.

Now when I connect the board to a power source, there is no way to detect the board (usually /dev/ACM1, but ACM1 does not show in the menu).

Is there anything else to do in order to detect the board?

By the way, I'm not sure it's related, but when in debug mode, I get the following message (in red) in the console:

libusb: error [udev_hotplug_event] ignoring udev action bind

Indeed, if it cannot be "hotplugged", then that might be the cause of this problem.

Is there anything else to configure in order to ensure the hotplug to work?

Any hint welcome.

Thanks,

PG

0 REPLIES 0