cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ST-LINK V3SET and STM32F103C8T6 clone development board .

Ricky Gai
Associate III

Hi,

Anyone here successfully connected STM32F103C8T6 clone board using ST-LINK V3SET ?

QUESTIONS:

1. Here is the pins connection layout using CN2 JTAG:

+5V external ----> T_VCC pin 1

GND ---------------> GND pin 20

SWDIO ------------> T_SWDIO pin 7

SWCLK ------------> T_SWCLK pin 9

The actual connection is like below:

0693W000007Z2usQAC.jpg 

STM32CubeProgrammer already upgraded to latest ST-LINK V3SET firmware V3.J7.M2.B4.S1,

0693W000007Z9xjQAC.jpg 

but I am unable establish connection to the STM32F103C8T6 board as shown picture below and the STM32CubeProgrammer CANNOT BE CLOSED:

0693W000007Z2w5QAC.jpg 

I have reset by pressing the RESET button ( Software/Hardware reset options selected ) then followed by clicking the Connect button, the result still the same as shown above, any idea ?

My new ordered Nucleo F103RB board is on its way, but now I just wanted to test the STM32F103C8T6 clone board which is very common.

Please advise if there is any error connection above, I am new to ST-LINK V3SET.

2. The ST-LINK V3SET COM LED from the datasheet is stated Red color on power on, but sometime I notice it auto turned to Green color, is this normal ?

3. The ST-LINK V3SET cannot works if connected to a USB HUB, I have to isolate it to connect to a standalone USB port, what's the reason ? ( this is not practical as I have to unplug and plug in back manually and easily can damage the USB socket/connector in long run, the PC is far away from my workbench desk, I purposely need to use a long USB female socket cable and if with USB HUB, I can easily turn the switch ON/OFF ).

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

The StlinkV3 is advertised as STM8 and STM32 tool, but not a general SWJ Adapter for all kinds of CPUs. So it is not a fault that it does not connect to other CPUs

JSchn.5
Associate III

I agree. Not working through a hub surely indicates that the ST-LINK is not USB compliant or so flaky is upset by the presence of one. It's a right pain on my setup which is a desktop on the floor.