cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Type C DRD/OTG

sabari1
Associate III

hi all,

i am using STM32U585 controller which is having a internal UCPD controller.my requirement is to create a module which can act as host and device using USB type C. i am taking the hardware connection as same as stm32U585 eval board(and adding a external crystal for the host part) since it is supporting both host as well as peripheral role.

is there any specific code or documents available for the USB DRD/OTG implementation using TYPE C. all i can find the independent host and peripheral examples from ST.

my actual requirement is :

host: USB MSC

• when the module connected with flash drive it will work as mass storage (source the power)

device: USB CDC ACM

• when module connected with the PC it is work as VCP terminal and (sink the power)

I implemented the code for host and device code independently , the problem is where we changing the roles and power delivery. 

I am planning to implement the same schematic as in B-U585I-IOT02A which is using a external port protection IC TCP03 which can sink as well as source in my case i don't need the USB PD even though  the initial role identification only am using this USB PD(since CC1 and CC@2logic is taken care by the USB PD stack).is there any other way is available for the implementation of the USB C DRD if so please mention otherwise please provide some guidance for the implementation of the DRD using the USB PD stack itself.

here am using USB PD stack from ST and USBX for the implementation of device and host(its on azure RTOS)

is anybody know any documents or any example available USB type C DRD/OTG implementation please mention   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @sabari1 

Sorry for the late response. Here is a wiki for dual role 

STM32StepByStep:Getting started with USB-Power Delivery Dual Role - stm32mcu

If still having issues, please post new threads.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @sabari1 

Sorry for the late response. Here is a wiki for dual role 

STM32StepByStep:Getting started with USB-Power Delivery Dual Role - stm32mcu

If still having issues, please post new threads.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.