cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD "message rejected for this port configuration" when requesting Power Profile

AlexH
Associate

Hello, I'm able to connect the STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD with NUCLEO-G071RB and X-NUCLEO-SNK1M after following the instructions in AN5418. I only changed port 0 Sink PDO1 to 0x020641F4.

I want to use the setup as a sink and always want to get the maximum power the source can deliver.

But when I request a Power Profile, the Message gets rejected.

Maybe someone could give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you and best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HFISTM
ST Employee

Hello,

AN5418 is useful to create a basic application. It does not support handling of multiple PDO.

From USB PD spec, you cannot have PDO1 at a voltage different from 5V.

I suggest you follow this wiki instead, including advanced section, which will cover your needs.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HFISTM
ST Employee

Hello,

AN5418 is useful to create a basic application. It does not support handling of multiple PDO.

From USB PD spec, you cannot have PDO1 at a voltage different from 5V.

I suggest you follow this wiki instead, including advanced section, which will cover your needs.

Best regards.

Nicolas P.
ST Employee

@AlexH​ You can also have a look here (github) to see a full application example, taking advantage of all PDOs.

I also received the same message with the matching example. Is there a solution to this problem in the meantime? Someone may be able to help me with this, please have a look here.