cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there tutorials how to use the safety libraries?

HowTo
Associate II

I need the X-CUBE-STL library and I want to import these needed files into my project which I programmed with STM32CubeMX. Is there any good tutorial how to use this library and which parameters needs to be adjusted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

The video tutorials are made only for libraries available for wide public and distributed without any specific restrictions.

But, at principle, there is nothing magic on the library integration and you can find set of snapshots of the directory structure and compiler settings at dedicated STL user guide.

Just copy paste all the content of the ...Middlewares\ST\STM32_Safety_STL directory into your project one, add all the source files from the SRC dir into your project, include the library INC dir into your project additional directories, force your linker to include STL as an additional library (to include the object file from LIB dir) and follow all the other steps described at chapter "Steps to build an application from scratch" at STL user manual to parametrize the library, those are mostly application dependent actions. Once you do this you can build up your own sequence of API calls within your program flow. Don't forget to apply proper post build CRC tool command, too.

At case of concrete problem pls address it to your local FAE.

Best regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

note this ST product delivery is restricted for customers under NDA exclusively and can't be copied and distributed for any next subjects. If you keep a legal copy, the safety and integration manuals are part the FW package ST delivery as well as appli integration examples for given product series. If it is not the case of your official and legal delivery, pls, contact your local FAE and ask to provide you complete package.

Best regards,

Petr

HowTo
Associate II

Thank you. I understand that it is under NDA but why there are no video tutorials how to apply the libraries? This would be very great to get better results and make programming faster.

Kind Regards

Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

The video tutorials are made only for libraries available for wide public and distributed without any specific restrictions.

But, at principle, there is nothing magic on the library integration and you can find set of snapshots of the directory structure and compiler settings at dedicated STL user guide.

Just copy paste all the content of the ...Middlewares\ST\STM32_Safety_STL directory into your project one, add all the source files from the SRC dir into your project, include the library INC dir into your project additional directories, force your linker to include STL as an additional library (to include the object file from LIB dir) and follow all the other steps described at chapter "Steps to build an application from scratch" at STL user manual to parametrize the library, those are mostly application dependent actions. Once you do this you can build up your own sequence of API calls within your program flow. Don't forget to apply proper post build CRC tool command, too.

At case of concrete problem pls address it to your local FAE.

Best regards,

Petr

HowTo
Associate II

Thank you very much. I will try it!

We are going to design a product with IEC60730 Class B safety standard, Can this library do the job?