cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange startup behavior (graphs included) (Startup failure)

ALedi.1
Associate III

Hello, I am experiencing startup errors (with my custom PCB based on EVSPIN32G4 and a 5-polepair outrunner motor (10 kW, 48V, max. 200A DC) . I am driving the motor without any load, just simple startup, power comes from a switching mode power supply with 15 A current limitation.)

To find the cause of the error I was looking at the waveforms during startup for I_ALPHA , I_BETA, I_A and I_B:

0693W00000QKTRKQA5.png The I_B and I_BETA_MEAS waveforms are phaseshifted to each other, and at one point during startup there is a huge spike happening to both. I_A and I_ALPHA_MEAS are exactly the same values, so the waveforms are perfectly laying on top of each other (so you think there is only one waveform). Is this a bug in motor pilot or is it normal that those two are exactly the same?

0693W00000QKTQwQAP.pngWhat might be the cause for the sudden spike? Shortly after this, the motor stops with startup failure. Here I have a graph of I_D, I_Q and ref values of both:

0693W00000QKTPtQAP.pngand for more details I include the voltages as well:

0693W00000QKTfCQAX.png0693W00000QKTfRQAX.pngI also include the PLL values, in this graph, estimated speed is on the right Y-axis, the other three are on the left Y-axis:0693W00000QKTiBQAX.pngI would be very glad if someone has an idea of what is happening here.

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you have a look on this link

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) - stm32mcu

chapter 2.11 and 2.12?

Best regards.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA