cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red flashing light when I connect my B-G431B-ESC1 board

HudsonSam
Associate II

Hi there, 

I recently purchased the B-G431B-ESC1 and when I connect it to my USB port, immediately a red flashing light appears. There are two other solid green lights. 

I am also not able to connect my ST-LINK to flash firmware, and this may be related. But for that I am having issues installing the necessary drivers on my Windows10 laptop. 

I have downloaded the relevant drivers and upon installation I am told that they were installed successfully, yet when I launch Device Manager I am not able to see them anywhere. Furthermore, when I try to launch the ST-link utility software I am told it is unable to launch because of some missing DLL files, namely mfc140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll, and MSVCP140.dll. 

With a little online research on forums I see many suggesting I reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable. So I do that just (I remove what I had and installed Visual C++ Redistributable). But it did not help at all. 

Any help to get me started with this board would be most appreciated. I have the issue with ST-link drivers which I am hoping would resolve the red flashing LED, but something tells me they may not be related. 

Much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HudsonSam
Associate II

Problem resolved: Turned out to be incorrect cables. I was (unknowingly) using power-only USB cables (i.e. no data) and hence the blinking RED light. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HudsonSam
Associate II

Problem resolved: Turned out to be incorrect cables. I was (unknowingly) using power-only USB cables (i.e. no data) and hence the blinking RED light.