cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motor won't start with motor pilot

A1bucker
Associate III

Okay, finally got motor pilot to come online. I was compiling code in debug mode which oddly is set to default in STM32cubeIDE. So set to release and wala, motor pilot came online. Now, I'm not getting anything from my motor. but there is this error in the log

[ERROR] - MotorControlProtocol: ASPEP_RESP ERROR:CMD_NOK

my process i have followed to get to this point was as follows

1. built motor profile with motor profiler (hoverboard wheel)
  2. started new project with MC Workbench using motor profile and inverter B-G431B-ESC1
  3. generated the project
  4. used stm32cubeMX to generate code
  5. compiled code with stm32cubeIDE and loaded to the control board
  6. opened motor pilot, set port and baud rate and hit start (NOTHING)

i have not put any code in with cubeIDE because as of so far, i don't know how. I am trying to get some examples for controlling motor or a link to instruction manual??

I built a new profile for the motor, for some reason the profiler leaves out the hall sensors. i had added them before. This time i left the profile as built and the motor starts but vibrates badly then says start up failure.

1 REPLY 1
Zied b.
ST Employee

Dear Customer,

Can i have more information about your setup, which version of MCSDK are you using ?

And why you use cubeMx ? normally you generate the project with MC Workbench and then you can directly flash the code with stm32cubeIDE.

Thanks and best regards,

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".