cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Profiler connection issue, Motor Pilot works fine

skip_shane
Associate II

I can use the Motor Pilot ok but when I try to connect with the motor profiler I see a momentary connection when left in "polling" mode where the B-G431B-ESC1 board flashes on screen, then the board disconnects and the image disappears.  Here's the logs:

[INFO] - : Connecting to Board
[INFO] - UART worker: Successfully open port COM3 @ 115200
[INFO] - : try to configure the board
[INFO] - : Connected to board
[INFO] - : Disconnected from board

When I try to connect in non-polling mode I stay connected but no board appears and all the buttons are grayed out.  

Just now I confirmed that the Motor Pilot is working again.  Then I disconnected with Pilot and reconnected with the Profiler.  Now the Profiler program allows me to click on "Start Profile" but that results in an error below:

[INFO] - : Application is starting : MotorPilot version:1.2.5
[INFO] - : ini file path=C:/Users/COSMED USER/AppData/Roaming/ST Microelectronics/ST Motor Pilot.ini
[INFO] - : Polling time out is set to 200 ms
[INFO] - : set qml to : qrc:/GUI/MC_FOC_SDK.qml
[INFO] - : sdkPath=C:/ST/MC_SDK_6.2.1
[INFO] - : Loading registers bank desciption file C:/ST/MC_SDK_6.2.1/Utilities/PC_Software/STMotorPilot/RegisterList/RegListProfiler_MCPV2.json
[INFO] - : Registers bank description loaded successfully
[INFO] - : Load Application qrc:/GUI/profiler.qml
[INFO] - : QML Application ready
[INFO] - : Connecting to Board
[INFO] - UART worker: Successfully open port COM3 @ 115200
[INFO] - : try to configure the board
[INFO] - : Connected to board
[ERROR] - MotorControlProtocol: ASPEP_RESP ERROR:CMD_UNKNOWN

MCW 6.2.1

Motor Pilot 1.2.5

I also tried:

MCW 6.2.0

MCW 6.1.0

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

For your first attempt, I have the same behavior if I generate the FW project without enabling "Application Configuration->Motor profiler" option.
On the other hand, by default UART baudrate is set to 1843200, I see in your log that you are using 115200, does FW setting (User Interface->Baudrate) and Pilot baudrate are correctly aligned?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA