cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor control workbench 6.1.1 custom board creation

prigh.1
Associate II

Dear All,

I would like to update old projects from workbench 5.Y.2 to workbench 6.1.1. I am using custom board. With 5.Y.2 I can configure the custom board, but with 6.1.1 I'm not able to configure my board. How can I solve the problem?

13 REPLIES 13

Hello Zied,

Thanks for the answer. I do not see any file attached to your email.

Did you forget to attach the file describing the custom inverter?

Regards

Paolo

Hello,

I'm sorry, I sent the message before the file was imported, here it is.

Thank you.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

Hello Paolo,

To complete Zied answer, let me add that the PGA Connected mode is not yet directly accessible from the board description. As there is no ST board making use of it, we have no easy way to validate it.

The Over Current protection must be automatically proposed when you use internal opamp if all the Opamps are connected to a comparator.

Unfortunately, we missed to update a configuration file that prevents the feature to be proposed by the Workbench if you use the ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_SingleEnded_InternalGain for current sensing within an inverter board. (This is the configuration proposed in Zied board description).

To solve this problem, I attach to this message a corrected version of the file ConnectionParameters.json. Please replace the one delivered with the 6.1.1 package you will find in [Install root dir]\MC_SDK_6.1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\ConnectionParameters.json by this one.

Once done you will be able to configure the overcurrent protection if you create a new project with this Custom_Board_5_y_2.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards

Cedric

Optician
Associate III

Hi. I just compared the replacement ConnectionParameters.json file uploaded by Cedric for the 6.1.1 release, and the stock ConnectionParameters.json in the 6.1.2 release. There are statements about "ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_SingleEnded_InternalGain" in Cedrics uploaded file which are not in the released 6.1.2 file, around lines 32/33. Is it possible your fix didn't make it to 6.1.12 release Cedric, please?