cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor control workbench 6.1.1 custom board creation

prigh.1
Associate II

Dear All,

I would like to update old projects from workbench 5.Y.2 to workbench 6.1.1. I am using custom board. With 5.Y.2 I can configure the custom board, but with 6.1.1 I'm not able to configure my board. How can I solve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Paolo,

To complete Zied answer, let me add that the PGA Connected mode is not yet directly accessible from the board description. As there is no ST board making use of it, we have no easy way to validate it.

The Over Current protection must be automatically proposed when you use internal opamp if all the Opamps are connected to a comparator.

Unfortunately, we missed to update a configuration file that prevents the feature to be proposed by the Workbench if you use the ThreeShunt_RawCurrents_SingleEnded_InternalGain for current sensing within an inverter board. (This is the configuration proposed in Zied board description).

To solve this problem, I attach to this message a corrected version of the file ConnectionParameters.json. Please replace the one delivered with the 6.1.1 package you will find in [Install root dir]\MC_SDK_6.1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\ConnectionParameters.json by this one.

Once done you will be able to configure the overcurrent protection if you create a new project with this Custom_Board_5_y_2.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @prigh.1​ ,

With 6.1.1 you can start with an ST board as you did with workbench 5, and clone it with the board manager. Once your board is cloned you can customize it easily with the build in editor. Once done, you can start a new project with your own board and the Workbench will propose you the new possibilities offered by your modifications. Let us know what kind of modifications you want to do and the issue you are facing. It will help us to generate the right documentation.

Regards

Cedric

CZhao.1
Associate II

Thank you @cedric H​  your reply.

I have the same question.

My own board with 1R or 3R is ok.

But I cannot create my board with 2 ICS.Can you tell me how to edit the file in board manager.

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @CZhao.1​ ,

Unfortunately ICS is not yet supported by MCSDK 6.1.

It is planned to put it back in MCSDK 6.2 expected in July. For the time being, MCSDK 5.4.8 is still available and support ICS.

Regards

Cedric

Dear Cedric,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have already tested the cloning procedure, as suggested by you. I can achieve some results, like defining the timer/pins generating the PWM signals. I can obtain this result by working on the controller's configuration or redefining the connector's pin/port configuration.

I did not find a solution for controlling the microcontroller's analogue input for reading the phase currents and OVC protection.

I am working with a sensorless motor with three shunt resistors, and the base microcontroller's configuration definied using MCWB 5.Y.2 is shown in the attached image.

MCWB 5.Y.2 allows me to configure the microcontroller in this way:

internal gain of the opamp

external gain and bias offset of the RC circuit for reading the current level (I know how to calculate all the needed gains ad offset)

inverted pin of the internal OPAMP for adding an external capacitor for filtering purposes

threshold limit of OVC

I did not find a solution using MCWB 6.1.1 to configure the analog input section as described above.

Do you have any suggestions or documentation for reaching these results?

Regards

Paolo

0693W00000aJeYtQAK.png

Hello Paolo,

Could you tell me from which boards did you start with 5.Y.2 and attach your IOC file to this thread?

I will try to come back with a suitable solution.

Cedric

Hello Cedric,

I started from custom control board and custom power board with 5.Y.2.

The resulting ioc file is attached to the email.

thanks for the support

Paolo

CZhao.1
Associate II

Hi @cedric H

Unfortunately 5.4.8 cannot work after cubemx is last version.

Help

Hello @prigh.1​ ,

Here is the description file of your board, you can import it on the workBanch as "Inverter", then generate your project.

On the WorkBench, press "new project" then in "Select Motor Control Algorithm & Hardware" choose "Inverter.

click on the button in the upper right corner and add this file in the tool.

To activate the DAC Debug go to the Application Configuration tab of the WorkBench on the left.

Check that you have the right parameters, then generate your code.

After that, open the generated .Ioc file and set the 2 OPAMPs to "PGA Connected" mode.

Finally generate your code and try it.

can you give me a feedback to know if it works ?

Thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

You can use an older version of CubeMx, According to the release note of the MCSDK version 5.4.8 it seems that we can use at most the STM32CubeMX v6.4.0 version, can you try with this version ?

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".