cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK Motor Control Workbench Project for B-G431B-ESC1

MWild.3
Associate II

Hi All,

I am just getting started with the  B-G431B-ESC1 evaluation kit. I wasn't able to find it listed as a development kit in the motor control workbench and the instructions in the user guide weren't entirely clear on this for the initial configuration.

From what I understand, I should use the motor control workbench to generate the base project code to load onto the development kit, before running the profiler, meaning I am obviously unable to continue without this step.

Am I missing it in the menu somewhere?

Are we supposed to configure a "custom" project and drive stage for this board (though it would be greatly appreciated if someone could share an example MC workbench project with me)

Thank you all for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AntoineC
ST Employee

Hello MWild.3,

You don't need to load a base project code onto the development kit, the motor profiler will launch its own software onto your board.

To run the profiler, launch the tool, select your board and enter your application settings.

To find your board in the MC workbench, please select inverter board as below:

0693W000005An55QAC.png 

You can find in the User Manual UM2380 details on how to use the software tools for motor control development kit.

Let me know if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Antoine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AntoineC
ST Employee

Hello MWild.3,

You don't need to load a base project code onto the development kit, the motor profiler will launch its own software onto your board.

To run the profiler, launch the tool, select your board and enter your application settings.

To find your board in the MC workbench, please select inverter board as below:

0693W000005An55QAC.png 

You can find in the User Manual UM2380 details on how to use the software tools for motor control development kit.

Let me know if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Antoine

MWild.3
Associate II

Thank you for clarifying and showing me where to find it.

I was expecting the "inverter" section of to contain power inverters for voltage transformation etc...

Much appreciated 🙂