cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Workbench GENERATION reports errors for any of the included example projects.

hwa
Associate II

Help! I'm new to ST development tools. All I'm trying to do right now is generate an MC Workbench example project. Any example project.

MC Workbench GENERATION always reports the following error:

"The ST intranet updater server is unknown: mcucrossselector.codex.cro.st.com"

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

-----

Details:

MotorControl Workbench 5.Y.4 (en.X-CUBE-MCSDK_5.Y.4_v5.5.4.zip)

STM32CubeMX 6.4.0 (en.stm32cubemx-win_v6.4.0.zip)

STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 (st-stm32cubeide_1.7.0_10852_20210715_0634_x86_64.exe)

(All downloaded and installed yesterday.)

It does generate a CubeMX project, which generates a CubeIDE project, but that source code is has a massive number of undefined symbols. I have not changed any config or preferences settings. It's all "fresh out of the box", and I'm just following the provided instructions.

((Context: I have 2 new B-G431B-ESC1 boards, and started out trying to build the example projects for that board. When that failed, I started trying other examples, and it looks like the problem is a very basic one with MC Workbench, not related to the examples for my specific board.))

23 REPLIES 23
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @hwa​,

Thanks to your post we discovered some issues with the package released on st.com.

I attached to this post a zip file of the B-G431B-ESC1 directory to replace the one present in the Projects directory contained in your Installation folder/MC_SDK_5.Y.4

I personally tested it and did not see any issue for both, potentiometer and ESC.

We are doing our best to learn from what happened to improve the quality of our coming releases.

Best Regards

Cedric

hwa
Associate II

Thanks @cedric H​ 

Although my 2 hand-modified projects both build, out of interest I will use your replacement folder and regenerate both, and compare the results. I expect I'll get the same cubeIDE projects.

One comment - I notice the potentiomenter example's readme.txt file is still a confusing mix of instructions for this and some other eval boards. Not a problem for me now, but may be for others.

I hope to wire up and test the examples on the hardware over the next few days, then finally get down to learning how to use this sdk and toolchain for my own mc projects.

Thanks again.

Hello Cedric. I have had the same issues presented earlier.

I am using:

• MotorControl Workbench 5.4.8
  • STMCubeMX

Using STMcubeMX the code is generated correctly and that's great.

However I would like to be able to generate the code directly from MotorControl Workbench.

Have you found a way to solve that intranet updater server issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Federico

Hi, can we open, debus and analyse a project in X-Cube-MCSDK6.0 once the project code is generated code in STMCubeMX? Thanks