cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a python or C/C++ library to interface with the Motor Control Protocol Suite from the "Controller" side (i.e. computer) ?

francois-b1
Associate

[VERSION]: 6.3.0
[TOOL]: Motor Control Protocol Suite
[DETAILS]:

As per the title: "Is there a python or C/C++ library to interface with the Motor Control Protocol Suite from the "Controller" side (i.e. computer) ?". There is a pretty extensive Motor Controller Protocol, that is documented, and can help control the STM32 motor controller over UART, which would actually be a really useful feature to have for my use case, as I would like to do some automated testing of BLDC motors and log parameters.

Of course I could spend time implementing this by myself. But I feel like it has already been done by ST since there is the Motor Pilot application which makes use of this protocol.

Ideally, I would like to have a Python library that allows me to easily send commands. And read parameters.

If not possible a C/C++ library could also work.

Is there one already located somewhere? Or is it not intended to be released?

Best regards,

François

2 REPLIES 2
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello francois-b1,

I am sorry to inform you that there is no such library available. It is not planned to be added anytime soon either I'm afraid.

In any case, your feedback is most welcome, thank you.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Could you consider to make the library used for the Motor Pilot application available? ST provides source code and sample code for many tools, why not this one?
Could you please bring up the suggestion internally? I don't see a reason why it couldn't be provided, since the source code for the MCU side of the source is already provided, and the protocol is documented in detail, it shows that ST wants the protocol to be open for use. It feels redundant to let every user rewrite the source code by themselves.

Thank you,

François