cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchased a EVAL STGAP2S board for driving IGBTs. Can any one help me in getting the exact wiring diagram for using this board for IGBT firing?

Jayanand
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Jayanand​, to the community!

Depending on the board you bought, you will also find the UM2754 on its website with the product description as well as the data briefs of EVALSTGAP2SM and EVALSTGAP2SCM, which describes both the circuitry and the use in detail.

The functionality of the gate driver is then described in its data sheet together for STGAP2SM and STGAP2SCM.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you very much Sir for the reply. I tried the way mentioned in these documents. But, no signal is coming out across the OUT and HV terminals and OUT and GND terminals. What could be the reason?

There are many reasons why this does not work for you. However, without detailed information about what you have connected where, no advice is possible. Which board do you use, which voltages are connected, which IGBTs are to be controlled, where does the control signal come from, etc.?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Jayanand
Associate II

Sir,

Please find the attached diagram showing the connections I have made.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayanand B

First of all, you are not using EVALSTGAP2SM or EVALSTGAP2SCM, but EVALSTGAP2DM.

You have connected 5V to the Vaux pin, GND to the BREAK input and the PWM signal to VDD from the board, which definitely cannot work. In addition, the flat connectors should be not connected to the IGBTs, but the IGBTs must be soldered to the board (Q1, Q2).

Have you read the EVALSTGAP2DM and STGAP2DM documentation and are you sure how to connect PWM etc to the board?

Do you know how an IGBT works?

IGBTs are used at very high voltages - do you realise how dangerous they are to work with?

What do you want to control with that?

Regards

/Peter

Jayanand
Associate II

Sir,

Could you suggest a method to test whether the board is working or not without connecting any IGBTs?

Regards,

Jayanand B