cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change motor and power board configuration values and topology in MCSDK 6.0?

FBert.3
Associate

We are developing using STEVAL-CTM009V1 with two insulated in phase shunt.

We are not able to find how to text edit json data to configure custom board.

Could you please suggest how to go on?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hello @Jedijump ,
The STEVAL-CTM009V1 Power board will be supported in the next version of the MCSDK which is version 6.2.0. This version will soon be available for download.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cedric H
ST Employee

Hi @FBert.3​,

The MCSDK 6.0 introduces a brand new way to describe boards.

Our goal is that users will have the same comfort with their own boards than with ST boards.

For the moment, you can add your own boards in the asset folder located in your installation directory of the MC_SDK:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\MC_SDK_6.0.0\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\assets\hardware\board\[power|inverter|control] and they will be proposed at the next run of the Workbench.

As it is not very convenient for now, we plan to add very soon an easy way to import json description from the WB UI.

Regarding the description of the board itself, we are about to release a complete documentation on the wiki page. I will update this post as soon as the documentation is available.

The MCSDK-6.0 should be consider as a preview with only few G0 and G4 boards supported, and few power boards. We are working hard to bring back all the boards supported in 5.Y release in the next MCSDK-6.

Regards

Cedric

Jedijump
Associate III

Hi Cedric,
Any update regarding how can we add our own power board in the Workbench? In MCSDK-6.0?
I would like to use STM's ctm009v1, but it is not listed as a power board inside the ST Workbench.

Look forward to your answer and solution.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jedijump 

hello @Jedijump ,
The STEVAL-CTM009V1 Power board will be supported in the next version of the MCSDK which is version 6.2.0. This version will soon be available for download.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
Jedijump
Associate III

Hi Zied,

Thank you for your response. I will look forward to v6.2.0.

However, in the meantime if you can advise on how to specify two insulated in phase shunt in using STEVAL-CTM009V1, it will be good.

Sorry, I am not able to find the "Accept as solution" button, but I appreciate your solution.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jedijump

Hi Maxharry,

I am aware of the JSON requirement, but is there a document that I can refer to?

The STEVAL-CTM009V1 board uses 2 isolated current sensor (ICS), instead of the usual 3 shunt resistors. I do not know how to configure that in the JSON file. Other parameters can be done with reference to known power boards.

Appreciate if anyone can advise, because the MCSDK v6.2.0 has not come and I need to progress.

Thank you.