cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get access to the "Motor Control Protocol v2" document?

WSega.1
Associate II

I have a custom implementation of the EVSPIN32G4 and I'd like to communicate with the controller. Is there a description of the protocol available? My ST Micro website searches are coming up empty. I'm looking for the low level commands, packet description, and how to calculate the CRC for each packet.

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @WSega.1​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and also SW: CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Best regards

WSega.1
Associate II

Sorry for lack of detail. I used the EVSPIN32G4 eval board to spin my 2 pole pair BLDC 24V 2A motor in sensorless FOC mode. I then created a custom board based on the eval board with the STSPIN32G4 device on it along with the driving FETs. I use Motor Control Workbench 5.Y.1 to create a project with my motor parameters and voltages and use that to program the custom board. Now I would like to us another MCU host to communicate with the custom board in the same way as Motor Pilot communicates with the EVSPIN32G4. In the code, I see reference to the commands but I wonder if there is a document that describes START_MOTOR, STOP_MOTOR, SET_SPEED, etc.

Fred V.
ST Employee

Hello @WSega.1​ ,

A document specifying the Motor Control Protocol suite is being prepared at the moment. It is not ready yet for publication on st.com.

Note that the protocol itself may still change without notice before MCSDK-6 is released.

Best regards,

Fred V.

WSega.1
Associate II

Thanks for the information. About when should we expect the next release of MCSDK? I would like to run the Motor Profile (currently version 5.Y.1) tool with the EVSPIN32G4 eval board. Will that board be supported in the next release?