cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I can't make the engine spin! I am using NUCLEO-F446RE and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1. Engine PL57BLF01.

AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hi!

How to make a project with a motor in the "speed control" mode without using Hall sensors, but using an incremental encoder. With a simple replacement in the "MotorControl Workbench", the properties of the motor and the properties of the speed sensor do not lead to success. In this case, there is only the initial push of the motor, then its stop and subsequent heating of the motor. Thank you in advance!

16 REPLIES 16
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

I am forwarding!

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you try to modify the Torque/Flux PIDs by increasing denominator value and keeping a 2 factor on denominator? In your case, from P=2675/256 to 13375/1024.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hello,

I did as you asked! the motor is not rotating! I am sending you the PID controller configuration form. Maybe this will help!

AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Dear GMA! After changing the coefficients according to your recommendation, the power consumption increased and there was a clear starting push. I checked the speed signal on the board before entering the microcontroller with an oscilloscope! I checked the speed in the Monitor. It's all right! Sensorless mode - everything works both speed control and torque control. Changed the speed PID coefficients. I did not achieve a positive result. Are there any other options that need to be done?

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

You can also try by decreasing the "drive settings/Torque and flux regulators/Cut-off frequency", for example from 6000 to 2000.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA
AndrewSibiryack
Associate III

Hello!

on your recommendation, I changed the cutoff frequency to 2000 with different PID coefficients. The engine has a primary starting push and remains braked with zero speed and strong heating. What else can be done? What is the difference between speed control (feedback) from Hall sensors or from an encoder?

Thank you in advance for your support.

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Hall sensor and Encoder use the same timer. With Encoders an alignment phase is added to set a zero position. I forger to ask you, did you verify the "Pulse per mechanical revolution" value on "Motor parameters/Sensors" tab?

Are you using the default generated project or do you modify some settings?

Best regards.
GMA