cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am using the STEVAL-ESC001v1 board with a BLDC motor. I would like to use the Hall sensor mode but I cannot access the pin selection for the Hall sensors in the MC Workbench Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this issue ? Thank you.

MRahi.3
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MRahi.3​ ,

From the STEVAL-ESC001V1 schematic, there is not the required signal level adaptation layer. So this board can not be connected to the Hall sensors of your motor.

Unfortunately, there is no solution with this board. The B-G431B-ESC1 board matches this requirement.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @MRahi.3​ ,

From the STEVAL-ESC001V1 schematic, there is not the required signal level adaptation layer. So this board can not be connected to the Hall sensors of your motor.

Unfortunately, there is no solution with this board. The B-G431B-ESC1 board matches this requirement.

Regards

Cedric

MRahi.3
Associate II

Thank you for your answer

MRahi.3
Associate II

Is the Hall effect drive mode also usable with an FOC algorithm to pilot the motor ? Or is a 6-step algorithm needed ?

cedric H
ST Employee

Hall sensors present in the motor can be used with both FOC and 6-step, at the condition that the hardware support them.

Cedric

MRahi.3
Associate II

Ok great, thanks !