cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hall Sensor - ST MC WB

prasanthkumar22
Associate

I successfully ran the BLDC hub motor with sensorless method (sensorless + PLL) with EVSPIN32G4 hardware. My motor have the inbuilt hall sensor with 60 degree placement. 

Now, I am trying to configure with hall sensor. I get the speed feedback error in pilot software. I want to know some parameters in st mc wb software. 

Doubt no 1: In motor parameter in st mc wb have the placement electrical angle feature. I need to give the hall sensor electrical angle value of motor electrical value. if hall sensor electrical angle value means, how can I  calculate that angle. Refer the below picture.

prasanthkumar22_1-1688561632862.jpeg

Doubt no 2: In speed position feedback management in st mc wb software, have the parameters of Average speed FIFO depth, input capture filter duration and use MTPA. Explain that parameters and how can I use. Kindly refer the below picture. 

prasanthkumar22_2-1688561937296.jpeg

Doubt no 3: If am enabling the hall sensor as main feature and enabling sensorless + PLL as auxiliary feature. If the main sensor fails, how can I use the auxiliary sensor.

Kindly help me to clarify my doubts.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello prasanthkumar22,

Concerning your main issue, I advise you to download the latest version of the MCSDK 6.1.2. You can then use the MotorProfiler tool to get the characteristics of your motor (including the Hall Sensor). The MotorProfiler Tool is integrated to the MotorPilot software. Once your motor profiled, you can save the data for the WB, and then create the configuration you need for your project.

Concerning the other points, you will find all the needed information by reading the MCSDK documentation accessible by following those steps : 
- Click top right on "About" button
- Click on "Documentation" -> "Documentation
- Click on "User Manual"

As it is HTML documentation, you can also enter this link in your browser: (replace _your_install_folder_)
file:///C:/_your_install_folder_/MC_SDK_6.1.1/Documentation/html/motor-control-protocol-suite.html

Hope this will help
Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello prasanthkumar22,

Concerning your main issue, I advise you to download the latest version of the MCSDK 6.1.2. You can then use the MotorProfiler tool to get the characteristics of your motor (including the Hall Sensor). The MotorProfiler Tool is integrated to the MotorPilot software. Once your motor profiled, you can save the data for the WB, and then create the configuration you need for your project.

Concerning the other points, you will find all the needed information by reading the MCSDK documentation accessible by following those steps : 
- Click top right on "About" button
- Click on "Documentation" -> "Documentation
- Click on "User Manual"

As it is HTML documentation, you can also enter this link in your browser: (replace _your_install_folder_)
file:///C:/_your_install_folder_/MC_SDK_6.1.1/Documentation/html/motor-control-protocol-suite.html

Hope this will help
Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.