cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hall Sensor Connections to J1 on X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1/NUCLEO-G431RB

DHemb.1
Associate II

I have a X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1/NUCLEO-G431RB eval board I am trying to connect to a motor with hall sensors. The motor has leads labeled Hu, Hv, and Hw, but J1 on the driver board is labeled A+/H1, B+/H2, Z+/H3. What is the correlation between these two nomenclatures?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello @DHemb.1 (Community Member)​,

This is a MCSDK 6.1.1 common issue that will be fixed on next release. In the meantime, you can refer to this post to solve your problem.

Hoping it will help,

Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello @DHemb.1​,

Looking on the IHM16 User Manual here, at section 4.5 Hall effect sensors and encoder connector, you can see that A+ corresponds to Hall 1 (H1), B+ to Hall 2 and Z to Hall 3. This should cope well with your motor's leads labeled Hu, Hv and Hw (A+ on Hu, B+ on Hv and Z to Hw). However, if you are not sure, you can still check your motor's specification for more information on each lead.

Hoping this will help,

Best regards,

Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @DHemb.1​ ,

In addition to Gael's answer, I would recommend you to test the new Hall sensor profiler feature provided with the profiler tool of the 6.1.1 release. It will help you to determine the Hall sensors placement angle and the shift between the Hall sensors and the electrical angle.

Best regards

Cedric

DHemb.1
Associate II

Thanks for the replies.

I was able to verify the connections @Gael A​ suggested, and am currently trying to get the Profiler working. Perhaps this is better moved to a different thread, but the Profiller (V1.1.5) gets hung up trying to connect to the board. Initially it displays a warning stating the Motor Profiler image is needed, and when I select Accept it spins on "Check ST-Link connection". I can communicate with the board via Motor Pilot, so I don't think there is a connection error. I'm very new to this platform so any help is greatly appreciated.

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello @DHemb.1 (Community Member)​,

This is a MCSDK 6.1.1 common issue that will be fixed on next release. In the meantime, you can refer to this post to solve your problem.

Hoping it will help,

Gaël A.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
DHemb.1
Associate II

@Gael A​, that link solved the problem, thanks!