cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find solution for 3 and more motors

oleg_sidorovich_1981
Associate II

Has ST some solutions for many motors control (3 motor for gimbal, or 4 motors for drones) from one board compatible with ST MC Workbench for fast development? How I can develop drones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @oleg_sidorovich_1981​,

I can suggest some multi motor solution:

• the STEVAL-GMBL02V1 reference design kit (for three axis Gimbal controller applications). You can use the STSW-GMBL02V1 GUI that is able to communicate with the board via USB sending commands and getting feedbacks from the firmware.
  • the STEVAL-DRONE01 mini drone kit  based on STEVAL-FCU001V1 flight controller unit (possibility to directly drive 4 DC brushed motors through the low voltage on-board MOSFET or alternatively use external ESC for DC brushless motor configuration).

There are two reference design for ESC for drones:

• the STEVAL-ESC001V1 with STSW-ESC001V1 firmware package implementing a sensorless Field Oriented Controlled algorithm.
  • the STEVAL-ESC002V1 with STSW- ESC002V1 firmware package implementing a a six-step sensorless algorithm.

Following the links you can find all the details to create a solution fitting your application requirements.

I hope I gave you some useful information, good job!

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @oleg_sidorovich_1981​,

I can suggest some multi motor solution:

• the STEVAL-GMBL02V1 reference design kit (for three axis Gimbal controller applications). You can use the STSW-GMBL02V1 GUI that is able to communicate with the board via USB sending commands and getting feedbacks from the firmware.
  • the STEVAL-DRONE01 mini drone kit  based on STEVAL-FCU001V1 flight controller unit (possibility to directly drive 4 DC brushed motors through the low voltage on-board MOSFET or alternatively use external ESC for DC brushless motor configuration).

There are two reference design for ESC for drones:

• the STEVAL-ESC001V1 with STSW-ESC001V1 firmware package implementing a sensorless Field Oriented Controlled algorithm.
  • the STEVAL-ESC002V1 with STSW- ESC002V1 firmware package implementing a a six-step sensorless algorithm.

Following the links you can find all the details to create a solution fitting your application requirements.

I hope I gave you some useful information, good job!

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

STM32 Motor Control topic added.

Best regards