cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESC not recognized by Win10?

MiguelXJ
Associate

Hey everyone. First time user and absolute newbie on ESC's and e-skates.

Bought a FLIPSKY mini ESC 4.20 and I am not able to connect it to my PC. Nothing happens when I plug the USB cable and nothing changes on my Device Manager too.

Tried to install the Virtual COM ports driver but, again, nothing changed. Tried to manually add the drivers to the COM / LPT ports and it did accept this install but with an error message.

Not sure where to go from here and also not sure this is the best place to look for troubleshooting but, in all honesty, I am lost........... :(

Thanks guys

Miguel R.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @MiguelXJ, to the community!

What makes you think that you can simply plug a cable into any board with STM32 and everything is magically visible in Windows?

As far as I know, the FLIPSKY mini ESC 4.20 is based on VESC 4.12. The developer of VESC has a dedicated website for his project, where updating the firmware is documented, which apparently also requires special software. Perhaps you can find help for your requirements on the relevant websites?

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @MiguelXJ, to the community!

What makes you think that you can simply plug a cable into any board with STM32 and everything is magically visible in Windows?

As far as I know, the FLIPSKY mini ESC 4.20 is based on VESC 4.12. The developer of VESC has a dedicated website for his project, where updating the firmware is documented, which apparently also requires special software. Perhaps you can find help for your requirements on the relevant websites?

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Well, probably my newbiness regarding this type of boards / equippment. I am a long time PC / Windows user though, so thats why I am expecting an "automagic" working mode on everything USB... 😅

Thanks for the tip, will try the firmware update.