cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMx "can't add: motorcontrol files not found" problem

Ebuko.1
Associate

Hi everybody.

When i open "SDK5x - STEVAL-SPIN3201 - BullRunning.ioc" file (that is pre-compiled example FOC motor control firmware provided by ST), "can't add: motorcontrol files not found" fault message appears on my screen. I already copied Motor Control SDK library file into CubeMx reposity directory. But it didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TLend.2
Associate

Another solution to this: in your c:/users/<yourname>/STM32Cube/Respository directory, the name of your MCSDK folder MUST match the name in the ioc file. For example, my folder was named "MCSDK_v5.4.4", but the ioc file contained this line: "ExtraMW.MotorControl.Root=MCSDK_v5.4.4-Full/MotorControl". Fixing this conflict either by renaming my folder or editing the ioc file fixes this BUG.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear Ebuko.1

Do you have still this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Ebuko.1
Associate

I formatted my computer. After that, i installed windows 10 English version. So, the problem solved.

Motor Control Workbench doesn't run correctly in language versions other than english windows 10.

Thanks.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Ebuko.1​ 

Thank you for this very interesting information.

It's true that internally we only use Windows 10 in English.

I'll record it, in case we have time to do an internal checking on it.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

TLend.2
Associate

Another solution to this: in your c:/users/<yourname>/STM32Cube/Respository directory, the name of your MCSDK folder MUST match the name in the ioc file. For example, my folder was named "MCSDK_v5.4.4", but the ioc file contained this line: "ExtraMW.MotorControl.Root=MCSDK_v5.4.4-Full/MotorControl". Fixing this conflict either by renaming my folder or editing the ioc file fixes this BUG.