Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibity for STM32F072B-DISCO

suhas
Associate II

Hi,

I am planning to build a motor controller using ST Motor control work bench

is it possible to use STM32F072B-DISCO with custom power board with this GUI.

If yes what are the limitations 

Board link:

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f072bdiscovery.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric h1
Associate III

Hello @suhas ,

STM32F072B-DISCO is not a board dedicated to motor control application. Therefore, it is not available by default in the Workbench. Making use of it is possible anyway but will require some extra efforts.

First, I would advise you to have a look at the STM32F0 boards available in the Workbench and associate it with a power board matching your needs. If you find a configuration matching your needs, look at their respective json file description. The idea is to adapt this configuration for your set of boards.

Two options are possible. Either you describe an inverter board connecting the signals from power features to the mcu pins, or you describe the STM32F072B-DISCO board and your custom power board as respectively a control and a power board. Describing your custom power board will allow you to associate it with any control boards. Control and Power boards are connected through connectors. So far only two connectors are available : morpho or MotorControlConnector. Even if the STM32F072B-DISCO does not have such connector you can choose one of them to describe your both cards, control and power, and associate them in the Workbench.

Regards

Cedric

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cedric h1
Associate III

Hello @suhas ,

STM32F072B-DISCO is not a board dedicated to motor control application. Therefore, it is not available by default in the Workbench. Making use of it is possible anyway but will require some extra efforts.

First, I would advise you to have a look at the STM32F0 boards available in the Workbench and associate it with a power board matching your needs. If you find a configuration matching your needs, look at their respective json file description. The idea is to adapt this configuration for your set of boards.

Two options are possible. Either you describe an inverter board connecting the signals from power features to the mcu pins, or you describe the STM32F072B-DISCO board and your custom power board as respectively a control and a power board. Describing your custom power board will allow you to associate it with any control boards. Control and Power boards are connected through connectors. So far only two connectors are available : morpho or MotorControlConnector. Even if the STM32F072B-DISCO does not have such connector you can choose one of them to describe your both cards, control and power, and associate them in the Workbench.

Regards

Cedric

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."