cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug report MCDSK 6.0.0] Missing files when generating code with "Copy only the necessary files" option

Quentin Ch
Associate III

The MC Workbench tool generate a CubeMX 6.5.0 project, that in turns generate C code.

Actual behavior

When I select in this CubeMX project Project Manager > Code Generator > Copy only the necessary files, the generated IAR 8.0 project does not compile because a bunch of missing .h files (mainlay related to Low-Level lib, as the _ll_ in the name suggests).

Expected behavior

The generated IAR project should compile and there should not be missing files.

By the way, I note that LL functions are used despite in the MC Workbench I seleted "Use HAL" instead of LL.

This generates ~160 files instead of the ~1400 files, what is much easier to archive better environmental-friendly (less disk resource and network traffic).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

You are fully right.

For the moment, Motor Control part uses the LL whatever HAL/LL choice.

It is the reason why "Copy only the necessary files" will generate missing files errors.

Then, please, with current version, generate code with MC Work Bench or "Copy all used libraries" option on CubeMx".

Best regards.

GMA

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

You are fully right.

For the moment, Motor Control part uses the LL whatever HAL/LL choice.

It is the reason why "Copy only the necessary files" will generate missing files errors.

Then, please, with current version, generate code with MC Work Bench or "Copy all used libraries" option on CubeMx".

Best regards.

GMA

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA