cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 overcurrent fault

Onorm.1
Associate II

After profiling my motor with motor profiler, I start a new project with workbench and generate code for Cube IDE. compile it and flash it with STlink utility at adress 0x08000000.

then back to workbench and try to start motor but I have an immediate overcurrent fault. I decrease Iq and Id pid Gains down to 0 and the overcurrent fault disappear. that does not makes the motor spin of course but with Id/Iq gains set to 0 I still measure high current by monitoring with workbench.

My config is as follow: cube IDE v1.6.1 / workbench v5.4.5 / cube MX v6.2.1 / firwmare package version 1.4.0 / ESC1 batch03

I did the exact same process than shown in the tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF7-tHG_qiQ except the guy is running with true studio but obvisously either I am missing something or there is something wrong with the code generation. The board seems fine because motor profiler manage to spin the motor well. Also if I flash the firmware from motor profiler and then back to workbench, Iq/Id mesasured currents are Ok. I also try to flash the examples and get the exact same result ( overcurrent fault )

7 REPLIES 7
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Onorm.1​ 

Is this issue still happen with last versions of STM32 MC SDK and STM32 CubeMX ?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Onorm.1
Associate II

Hello Laurent, unable to work with version 5.4.5 . Works at first try with version 5.Y.1. :hushed_face:

ALisk.1
Associate II

I had the same experience as Onorm.

ALeon.2
Associate

I have always the same error, have you resolved it?

Hello Laurent, unable to work with version 5.4.5 . Works at first try with version 5.Y.1. :hushed_face:

Aleon, what version of MCSDK are you using ? switch to 5.Y.1

ALeon.2
Associate

thanks but in the 5.Y.2 it works casue Is the potentiometer example. How can I use the ESC example with pwm to control the motor?

Hgsdg.1
Associate

I'm having the exact equal issue the use of the STM32L071 with 6 inputs. I'm the usage of DMA and a timer as a trigger. It works the first time for new website, but in no way fires again. The sample values are also correct values.