cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-EEPROM example projects do not seem to work.

Julian1
Associate II

this is the same issue as previously reported in a thread that had an answer marked as a solution (it was not, in fact, a solution) 

I am looking to test X-CUBE-EEPROM on a supported eval board. (nucleo-G431RB) 

I load the relevant X-CUBE-EEPROM project into my workspace "existing projects into workspace option" 

I can see all the files and when I go to compile it "succeeds" but with 4 warnings that there are no implementations for _close_r, _lseek_r, _read_r, and _write_r

when I go to run my firmware on the target board it doesn't work (as you'd probably expect) 

When I load other target projects from the same package up in STM32 cube IDE I get the same errors when I go to build. 

I am running STM32 cube IDE 1.14.1 and AFAIK this install is auto-updating, I don't see any updates I am missing) 

the ide works fine for other projects (like the one I am actually developing, as well as an example project for a sensor I used recently to test that with an eval board before doing it in my project) but this X-CUBE-EEPROM example seems completely dead, at least if I want to use STM32 cube IDE?

1 REPLY 1
Andrew Neil
Evangelist

@Julian1 wrote:

I can see all the files and when I go to compile it "succeeds" but with 4 warnings that there are no implementations for _close_r, _lseek_r, _read_r, and _write_r

See: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/stm32cubeide-1-13-0-problem/m-p/573904

@Julian1 wrote:

when I go to run my firmware on the target board it doesn't work (as you'd probably expect) 

Those are just warnings - so shouldn't necessarily stop the code from working.

You need to give more details of what, exactly, is "not working"

Use the debugger to see what's going on ...