cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-EEPROM: can't build this project for nucleo

RobinSprangers
Associate

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea what i am doing wrong.

I want tot test the X-CUBE-EEPROM v6.1.0 on a nucleo-C031C6 but get below errors when building the project.

I import the project with import --> Existing projects into workspace

C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.12.1/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.win32_1.1.1.202309131626/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp\libc_nano.a(libc_a-closer.o): in function `_close_r':

Description Resource Path Location Type
C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.12.1/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.win32_1.1.1.202309131626/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp\libc_nano.a(libc_a-lseekr.o): in function `_lseek_r': NUCLEO-C031C6 C/C++ Problem

C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.12.1/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.win32_1.1.1.202309131626/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp\libc_nano.a(libc_a-readr.o): in function `_read_r': NUCLEO-C031C6 C/C++ Problem

C:/ST/STM32CubeIDE_1.12.1/STM32CubeIDE/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.win32_1.1.1.202309131626/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v6-m/nofp\libc_nano.a(libc_a-writer.o): in function `_write_r': NUCLEO-C031C6 C/C++ Problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RobinSprangers and welcome to the community 🙂,

It is a known issue Compilation erros after migrating to STM32CubeIDE ... - STMicroelectronics Community.

Could you please try to use the latest version of STM32CubeIDE1.14.0.

Please let me know if the issue is solved.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RobinSprangers and welcome to the community 🙂,

It is a known issue Compilation erros after migrating to STM32CubeIDE ... - STMicroelectronics Community.

Could you please try to use the latest version of STM32CubeIDE1.14.0.

Please let me know if the issue is solved.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have the same problem as original poster. I believe that the suggestion to use an updated IDE is not a solution. 

I am using STM32cubeIDE and go to select "Import existing projects into workspace"
select relevant example from the x-cube folder .

it loads up in the IDE and the relevant files are all seen in the IDE. It compiles all the project files ok, then complains about _close_r, _lseek_r, _read_r, and _write_r when creating the .elf

I am already running STM32cube ide v1.14.1 (though not a fresh install- looks like I upgraded from 1.13.1 if that makes any difference?) 

this is a problem for the nucleo G431RB project (which I can confirm does not work if you try to debug/run it after compiling, as the warnings would suggest)

but I tested a few other projects the same way (but without a target to run them on) also seems to be a problem for the G474RE project and the C031C6 projects (same error on compiling) 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Julian1 ,

I think you're talking about Build warning, not build error. Could you please share a screenshot?

The problem that is causing the failed build was described in CDT (https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/commit/1b2472faff2028f0323ad5c5eb85565f81b89053).

For more information about these warnings and how fixed them, I advise you to check this post and precisely @Peter BENSCH answer. 

KDJEM1_1-1708328503505.png

I hope this help you.

Kaouthar 

Thanks for your reply .

Yes I have the same error output that Robin mentioned in the original post. 
Can confirm that answer makes the warning go away. 

Also, after being a bit more patient with testing the demo app, it *does* show the 3 second flash on completion... just much longer after the startup than I was expecting.

I guess it would have been a much clearer demo if it had serial port output to trace the different stages of completion, rather than a single LED....