cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong RAM_D2 memory in LwIP examples for NUCLEO-H723ZG

heveskar
Senior

In LwIP examples for NUCLEO-H723ZG, in the linker, I think that there is an incorrect range of RAM_D2 memory.

For example here: 

MEMORY
{
  ITCMRAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x00000000,   LENGTH = 64K
  RAM    (xrw)    : ORIGIN = 0x20000000,   LENGTH = 128K
  ROM    (rx)    : ORIGIN = 0x08000000,   LENGTH = 1024K
  RAM_D2 (xrw)      : ORIGIN = 0x30000000, LENGTH = 288K

}

SRAM available from 0x30000000 has 32 kB available

from  the reference manual:

heveskar_0-1705917381240.png

Or am I missing something? I am writing here before creating an issue on GitHub as I am not sure I am not misreading something. I think they took it from the STM32H74x/H75x devices as those have this amount of memory.

The example works correctly as the addresses used are hard-coded in the application, but the size should be correct either way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @heveskar ,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I confirm the typo , it is a known issue and it is already reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 152716 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LCE
Principal

You are correct, the RAM size of SRAM1 & SRAM2 in D2 is 16kB each.

There are many errors in many ST files, probably the typical copy & paste.

BTW, in the H723 - H735 series, ethernet DMA can access AXI RAM, although use of descriptors (and maybe some RX/TX buffers if space allows) in D2 = SRAM1 & SRAM2 is preferred, as the ethernet MAC also resides in D2. (See block diagram RM0468, page 107)

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @heveskar ,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I confirm the typo , it is a known issue and it is already reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 152716 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @heveskar ,

RAM_D2 size issue is fixed in GitHub.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar